Saturday, July 7, 2007

Forums for Writers

I've been keeping up with the general posts at some writer's forums and found some worth mentioning.

NanoWrimo has little activity outside of the actual month of Nano but the crowd there seems dedicated and friendly. During Nano though the place gets pretty busy.

LibraryThing has a forum too, although it seems most people overlook it. There are a ton of Groups here to post and read about in.

Writer's Cafe has some good forums too with lots of people and posts. It's worth checking out and seeing if you like it.

FictionPress has forums but they're sparsely populated.

Writing.com has a sizable forum and many members but I find the layout of the site and forums to be exceedingly messy. I never could get into it there.

GameFaqs.com has a board for books and such but mainly a younger crowd posts there and there's not much substance for writers overall.

If you have any other recommendations let me know and I'll add 'em to the list. Of course there are many other forums out there and probably many I've never heard of but these are some of the first I've run across. And naturally they all have their share of posting-hogs and Creative Typists who consider themselves Artists rather than Authors.

No comments: